Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table at the Printers Row Lit Fest last month. Sales were a little slow for everyone this year, but I sold a few books, handed out a bunch of flyers about my work, and talked to a whole lot of great people. Some of them signed up for my mailing list, and I hope some more will consider checking out my writing, either with a book on Amazon, or one of my short stories on this web site.
I don’t have a lot of writing news to tell you about this month:
- As I mentioned last month, my third e-book novella, The Lost Ticket, is available from Amazon for your Kindle. I’m very happy with the way this story turned out, and I’m pleased with the cover image, drawn by my talented nephew Ricky Bieniek. You can check out his sprite comic at this link.
- My Barnstormers story is picking up speed. I’ve completed chapter 5, and I think that chapter really sets up the rest of the story. There are currently three ways that you can follow the Barnstormers:
- I read an edited version of each chapter at the THC Reading Series. (It’s only edited because I don’t have the time available to read the whole thing.) I will be reading chapter 4 at the next Reading Series night on August 26th.
- I post each chapter here on Barnstormers page after I read it. Currently, the page contains chapter 3, and I will post chapter 4 after I read it in August.
- If you want to read each entire, unedited chapter, you can subscribe to my mailing list. I send out a monthly e-mail containing information about my writing projects, any open mic events or book shows I might be seen and heard at during the month, and anything new I might have for sale. It’s pretty much what you read here, except you also get a link to a PDF of the next uncut chapter of Barnstormers. And did I mention it’s free? Sign up today!
The THC Reading Series is taking the month of July off, and will return on Saturday, August 26th. I’ll tell you more about that next month.
Thanks for reading!